The eyes are prone to many injuries. Unfortunately, due to how complex and delicate the eyes are, these injuries can cause significant issues if not properly treated. For example, some eye injuries may be too severe and result in vision loss or serious eye conditions. With that in mind, always visit an eye doctor whenever you have an eye injury. At Henderson Eye Center, we diagnose and treat patients in Henderson with different eye injuries. Let's look at some of the common eye injuries that we encounter.
- Corneal abrasions: A corneal abrasion is a scratched eye. Rubbing your eyes due to sand or dust can scratch your eye. The injury is quite common, and symptoms may include redness, sensitivity to light, and discomfort.
- Injury from a foreign object: Foreign objects penetrating your eye are common. Always see an eye doctor to remove the foreign object since trying to remove it on your own could cause more harm to your eye.
- Chemical burn: A chemical burn is an injury when a chemical gets into your eye by splashing or rubbing your eyes after touching chemicals. The symptoms depend on the chemical type, including blurry vision, redness, or burning eyes.
- Impacts: These are direct hits or blows to the eye, especially during an assault or sports accident. The common symptom is red, black, or swollen eyes. It's crucial to see an eye doctor to rule out any internal damage after any blow in the eye.
- Flash burn: It's a painful inflammation of the cornea which is the white, clear part covering your eye. Most of these burns come from welding torches, sunlamps, sunlight, and tanning booths.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Optometrists in Henderson, TX
Eye injuries can happen at any time to anyone. See an eye doctor immediately if you suspect you have an eye injury. The consequences of not treating an eye injury may be dire. If you are in Henderson and looking for an optometrist, look no further than Henderson Eye Center for quality eye care. Call our team today at (903) 657-1539 or reach us through our website by using our online contact form for non-emergencies.